I’m writing this while listening to the True Blood Score and surmising this post is a lot like the scene where Sookie chooses between Eric and Bill and decides she deserves both.
Mash two things together, muddle those righteous southern lines, and hope everyone’s hunky-dorey about it. (How much Erookie and Billookie hate mail you think they got? How many were like “Uhn, dun’t care. I wanna see sumbuddy die again!)
I hated that scene. It felt . . . superfluous. Not that I’m saying anything about awards here or my own awesomeness in receiving them. I’m not. I’m grateful to be nominated for these awards, but I am going to break/modify all their rules. Every. Single. Rule. Because, really, does anybody else notice they’re getting longer? And they’re pinging around blogs faster and faster?
My head spins upon an axis of obligations. Unless rules keep society in order, I don’t like ’em. Does this mean whichever blogs I name get two awards? Ring-a-ding. Sure it does. Why not? *Deadpan* Seriously, why not? I invite the bloggers to pin up their awards, keep their silence, toast themselves, or do whatever feels natural when receiving recognition. I invite them not to follow the rules.
I must, however, name the fine lady who gave me the awards. This post is coming to the intra-net very belatedly (and therefore, perhaps, ungraciously). I extend my apologies to Madame de Pique. She has been thoughtful and deserves a proper shout-out for her contribution to the blogging community (thank you again, cherie). If you’re inclined, do gambol over to her blog where writes though the gamut of art and aesthetics with aplomb. She also likes Oscar Wilde and there are few things more respectable than a man whose alleged last words were: “Either that wallpaper goes, or I do.”
A List of Bloggers and Visual Curators Whose Blogs I Recommend
The contributors at the Women Reading tumblr
J. Langille’s Eighteenth Century Fiction (I’m crazy about the teapot of the week!)
In case you must, must have the rules. And in case you want to know them before you break them.
Versatile Blogger RULES:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Include a link to the mother-site: Versatile Blogger.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- Mind your manners and give thanks.
- Tell 11 things about yourself – subheadings, charts, etc. are not necessary. If you like bunnies, for Christ’s sake just say so.
- Answer to the best of your ability the 11 questions that are asked of you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for this award – let them know too, surely, since keeping it to yourself would be mean.
- Ask the above nominees 11 questions of your own if you like, but remember you can also dispose of the questions you were asked.